Alpha -> Beta v0.0.9
- Now you can configure dApp and choose what kind of user onboarding experience should be enabled for your dApp from the available supported authentication mechanisms:
- Developers can manage user blockchain signing experience by enabling or disabling popup wallet UI
- Monitor dApp user storage consumption metrics
- Configure dApp theme with branding and logo
- Initialize and configure wallet UI, change styling and brand it as per your dApp requirements
- Encrypt user data for data privacy and store it in Arcana Store or any other decentralized storage
- Download File by specifying the DID assigned to the file during upload to Arcana Store
- Use Storage SDK to build Private NFT minting and viewing features into your dApp
- Track Arcana Store Usage Metrics
Not Supported Anymore
Private Key Access via Auth SDK
- Earlier, developers could retrieve user's private key. No more. Better security with Ethereum provider interface. Developers can get public key for users via email ID or obtain their wallet address using the public key but no access to private key.
If your dApp use case depends on the access to private key, you can either BYOK and use ethers.js to obtain an Ethereum provider for integrating with Arcana Store. If you require to use Auth SDK and also access users' private key contact our team.
- Not supported as a standalone module anymore(?)
What has Changed?
- Earlier, a private key was required to initialize the Storage SDK, not anymore.
- Developers can now use the standard Ethereum provider obtained from Auth SDK to initialize and use Storage SDK.
- Alternately, developers can use a third party wallet instead of the Ethereum provider obtained from the Arcana Auth SDK. During initialization of Storage SDK, if developers do not explicitly provide the Ethereum Provider as a parameter, the Storage SDK uses the default
window.ethereumvalue for signing Arcana blockchain transactions and perform storage operations.
- The dApp developers can also follow the BYOK approach and manage their user's keys. In this case, they need to use the ethers.js or an equivalent library to obtain a standard Ethereum provider and supply that during initialization of the Storage SDK.